FAQ – I would love to develop an app! Where do I start?
So you have an amazing idea, how do you develop an app from here?
Below are a list of frequently asked questions by our clients, when they first contact us. Hopefully this can give you a quick start guide on developing your first app.
How much does it cost to Develop an app?
- It really depends on the complexity of the app. Most apps typically start from about $20k. The more complex the feature set, the app could cost more to build. Get in touch and we will be able to provide you with a quote.
How long does an app take to Develop?
- Also depending on the complexity of the app, it typically takes about 2 to 4 months to build.
- This would give us enough time to ensure the User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) design is smooth, and rigorous testing has been performed.
Should we sign an NDA?
- We completely respect that certain aspects of the app/idea may need to be confidential and would be more than happy to sign an NDA.
- Here is a link to an NDA which might be helpful.
hourly rates vs fixed quotes?
- To give you a level of comfort, we typically provide a fixed quote once we understand the functionality and requirements of the app.
- Hourly rates apply to work that is out of scope or any future maintenance work if required.
Do you recommend app development in hybrid or native?
- That really depends on what the app is required to do. You can read a little more about the difference between a hybrid vs native apps.
- Once we understand your idea/app, we will give you some guidance on what the major differences are.
- In general, hybrid apps are faster to build and typically cost less than native apps.
What is the difference between Applickable and another agency in Melbourne?
- Our entire development team is based in Melbourne.
- All of our apps are developed locally and not offshore.
- We have over a decade of experience.
- Face-to-face meetings are our preferred communication method, where you would be communicating directly with the developer, not a sales person or an accounts manager.
- We will guide you through the development stages, to ensure the choices you have made is best for outcome and not just an easy way out.
If you have any other questions, we would be more than happy to answer. Shoot us an email or just give us a call anytime to chat about app development right here in Melbourne.
PS – Remember, an idea is just a thought. To turn that idea into something, you need help, suggestions, recommendations, guidance and input. So, go on.. tell your friends, family, colleagues or a random stranger about the idea, and see what they think!